Export differs from time line video

When i preview my video in the time line i have all the mask and text just the way i want them. The transitions are smooth and it looks great. When i export the video I get jerky transitions with momentary flashes of a masks that are not the one selected. Most notably a soft edge that extends up into the image or video. Some times the mask is not even the one I selected. Each shot has a mask and a text section. The text is on top of the mask creating a subtitle effect.

I have toyed with the export settings a bit to see if that changes it but i still get random masks and flashes of a soft edge mask on most of my shots.

I am using Shotcut V18.01.02

My computer:

Model - Windows 7 64 bit
Processor - Intel Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Memory(RAM) 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)

Make sure that your project settings are the SAME (res/FPS) before you import the first imported source video.

Thanks. Ill be sure to convert them in the future to that editable format in the properties.

Is there any way to correct the issue or get consistency at this point?
The flickering I can live with but the wrong mask on the clip has to be corrected.

Not what I was suggesting.

Before you import any files, go to Settings>Video mode choose the correct mode to match your source or select ‘Automatic’.
When ‘Automatic’ is set, Shotcut will set the video mode to match the first file imported.