Export clips

Hello,
I’m looking for the best way to export a clip with music on one soundtrack and narration on another.
Must:

1. Use Mlt with sounds and Export to MP4, via H.284 Main profile in HD 1080p 24 fps, music and narration recorded in Org or Wav or Mp3, usually I use Org
  2. Use MLT without sound and export to MP4 then add the soundtracks and rexport in MP4, Via see above.
    Shotcut offers so many resources that user Lamda is a bit lost.
    Thank you for your advice and help. Regards

Not really sure if i completely understand your problem.
You can decide what you want to export by the track-hiding buttons (for video and audio) and can choose a format and codec for the encoding/export.
You probably mean OGG-format, not ORG? OGG is a container format designed for streaming and can contain audio and video (multimedia) and text data. I only know of OGG with audio files but you can combine everything in that container. Why do you think of using option 2 - do you want to rework the audio part?
Also 1 more advice: consider using 30 fps instead of 24 cause most computer monitors have a refresh rate of 60 Hz and 24 fps doesn’t fit into that frequency. 30 fps fits perfectly so it runs smooth even on faster motions. With 24 fps you might see kind of flickering.

Thanks Ridos videos for your advice, actually I meant ogg Vorbis which I use because I read somewhere that it was better.
As I explained my concern is the rendering with this expensive laptop computer which is supposed to be adequate for video as a laptop.
Regards

I also think you mean h.264, not .284. :slight_smile:

As Rilos says, you can choose the output codecs used in the export. Go to the Advanced tab and select the desired audio codec.

BUT - be aware that the .MP4 container does not natively support Vorbis audio streams. You may be able to export it … and some platforms may be able to play it … but others will not. Here is a useful reference for which containers support which codecs, and vice-versa: Comparison of video container formats - Wikipedia

Awake, sorry for this mistake and thank you for the comparison of video a bit complicated for my knowlage.
Thank you for reply.

Yes, it is a large set of charts!

I think it is helpful for aspiring video editors (e.g., someone like myself) to learn about the underlying complexities of digital video - codecs vs. containers, types of compression, etc. I have the feeling that many do not agree with me; after all, one can do lots of editing without ever knowing anything about how h.264 works. But your original question illustrates why I think it helpful - not because it will make someone a better editor, but because it will help to avoid, or at least answer, some of the perplexing issues that can arise.

I became interested and began to explore this topic because of working with videos that would not play on some machines. Typically, I had a video that I could play on my Linux laptop, but it would not open correctly on a Windows machine. Often the problem had to do with relatively subtle settings in how the video was encoded, or which codecs were used in the container, or so on - Linux was more forgiving and able to deal with a much wider range of codecs, but I needed to make the video available to students who were using Windows, so I had to understand what wasn’t working and how to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.