Error when exporting repaired mlt project OS X v16.12.03

Warning in english: ‘Shotcut found problems in your project. Do you want Shotcut to try to repair them?
If you choose yes, Shotcut will create a copy of your project with “-fixed” in the file name, and open it.’

After selecting ‘Yes’ and when exporting to 1080p ProRes mov this bug is associated to wrong aspect ratio in Quicktime Player or mpv. When selecting ‘No’ there is no bug when exporting.

The non fixed and fixed mlt projects have got some differences.

Window warning (in french)

Wrong aspect ratio after exporting

Fixed mlt
test - Réparé.mlt (3.8 KB)

Non fixed mlt
test.mlt (3.9 KB)

Hi, I’ve modified your title to be more specific to the problem and moved it into the ‘Bug’ category. I hope you don’t mind. Unfortunately I can’t test the bug with the files you’ve provided because the source clip isn’t included. Could you re-upload these in a .zip or something with the source clip too? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Links to download the source clip and the exported mov clip with aspect ratio bug,

Source clip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsaw717cqs5o4xn/test_mvt.MTS.zip?dl=0
Exported mov clip with aspect ratio bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y96nucpgj8qhvyo/test_mvt_bug.mov?dl=0

Did you find out what needed to be repaired?
Did you moved some sources files or Mtl file?

It seems the bug is related to text encoding when the two mlt files are compared.

non repaired mlt file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 00:00:06.240 .......

repaired mlt file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 00:00:06,240

Procedure to reproduce this bug:

• Create a new project, add file in the timeline and save.

Beginning of mlt file shows:
mlt LC_NUMERIC=“C” version=“6.5.0” title=“Shotcut version 16.12.03” producer=“main bin”

• Reopen the new project. There is always a warning window.

• Selecting "Yes’ give a mlt file with, at the beginning:

mlt LC_NUMERIC=“fr_FR” version=“6.5.0” title=“Shotcut version 16.12.03” producer=“main bin”

Note: mlt file produced with previous version of Shotcut have for example this beginning:
mlt LC_NUMERIC=“C” version=“6.3.0” title=“Shotcut version 16.06.08” producer=“main bin”

v16.11.02 is ok and haven’t got this bug in my case (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6).

Same bug on v170102 on OS X 10.11.6 with french locale…

$ locale
LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

With MediaInfo 0.7.91 I get when I don’t repair a mlt file and export to ProRes mov,
Pixel Aspect Ratio : 1.000
Display Aspect Ratio : 16:9

while I get when I repair a mlt file and export to ProRes mov,
Pixel Aspect Ratio : 0.562
Display Aspect Ratio : 0.999

It seems I’m the only one (French ?!) to have this bug on OS X :smirk:

No, I finally reproduced it today and fixed it. Tomorrow, I will send you a link to a nightly build to test it.

Thanks a lot for the support!

Here is a nightly build for macOS to try
http://builds.us.meltytech.s3.amazonaws.com/shotcut/shotcut-osx-x86_64-170123.dmg

Bug fixed with the nighty build. Thank you!