Edits create audio repeats

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
20.09.27, also happened on 20.7.11

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
When I edit multiple clips from the playlist in the timeline I will get audio repeats especially at the beginning of each edit ‘cut’ such as: " Hi, welcome to my to my You Tube channel channel. Today I’m going to review review a new a new" etc. I can get the audio blip to go away and play normally if I back up to the prior edit clip in the timeline and play it normal speed. In that case it plays fine but when Iexport it to a file in my computer, audio repeats show up again. The video plays fine but I don’t know how to get rid of the audio repeats. It happened in both versions of Shotcut as listed above. When I exportrd I’ve tried both You Tube and default option but found I had to go to advanced and reset the resolution to 1920X1080. I also set the quality to 50% so it would upload faster (36 min video took 47 min to export to my computer file). I didn’t use any filters on my first video project but did on a second one (before I noticed the problem)- alas, the repeats are showing up on both. Anyone else having this issue?

The source might be variable frame rate, especially if it’s from a cell phone. Try Convert to Edit Friendly before editing.

This is not a bug. Shotcut is not seeking well on your files. No tool can ever perfectly seek on every possible video file, format, and encoding. If a file does not seek well like this, then you need to use Properties > Convert to convert it into an edit-friendly format.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.