Digital Artifacts on last frame of each clip?

Hi,
Using 19.12.31

• Win 7 Ultimate (offline)
  • WD 240 GB SSD
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 1 GB Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT

In every clip imported, digital artifacts appear on the last frame of each clip. It consists of 5 small boxes each with multicolored blocks. Also, there’s a loud audio glitch to go with each glitched frame.

Using Shotcut as portable. The first few days of using Shotcut was ok, then the artifact problem started appearing. At first on 1 clip, now on all. Any ideas. Thanks.

What is your Video Mode set at? (Click on Master in the Timeline, then click on Properties)
What are the clip’s properties that appear as problems? (Click on clip, then Properties)

This is what Master > Properties > Video (tab) says:

Codec: Windows Media Video 8
Resolution: 720 x 480
Frame rate: 29.970030
Format: yuv420p
Aspect ratio: 4 3
Scan mode: Progressive
Color range: Broadcast Limited (MPEG)

(The clips are old SD video from an Avid Xpress DV, training book)

This is definitly a glitch of your orininal source.
WIth waht have you recorded your sourcefiles?

@DvS
The source files are from a DVD made by Avid, so no glitch. I’ve used them many times with no prob.

And, they’ve been used on Avid, Vegas, HitFilm Express, and Resolve with no prob.

What is your Video Mode set at?

So, what is “Avid” then? - A converting-program?

See #3

There is no video tab for the Video mode, so I mis understood… thinking you were speaking of your source clip.

So what are the properties of your source clips that are the problem?

The only Properties I can find is by, right-click clip on timeline > properties. Or, properties button (i) on top toolbar.

I don’t see how to get the properties in your first pic, Video Mode.

Click “Master” (Over the V1) / Right Click on “Master” / Properties

Click “Master” (Over the V1) / Right Click on “Master” / Properties

Ok, I get:

Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Frame rate: 29.97 fps
Scan mode: Progressive
Colorspace: ITU-R BT.601

There is probably something wrong with the last frame that is giving the integrated ffmpeg decoder a hard time. You can try to remove the bad frame by trimming, or you might need to convert the file to an edit-friendly format in the Properties menu.

1 Like

If issue is reproducible with ffplay, please upload one sample somewhere.

OK, thanks everybody. I will just cut last frame of each clip - easy solution.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.