Different results between GUI export and CMD export

Different results between GUI export and CMD export

Short History: Since my computer currently has only 8GB RAM, but I need a short 4K export, I found the possibility to send the MLT file directly to qmelt: this works quite well so far, so I can export the file via command line without any “out of memory” errors. With running Shotcut, however, it hangs itself…

But now I noticed that an export from Shotcut produces a different video result than the XML-file passed to (q)melt.

At first I thought it was related to my different video clips, but in the meantime I was able to reproduce the problem without any external video files at all just with “countdown” and “noise” (see attached MLT): The noise should appear after 7 seconds for 3 seconds. In the countdown, the noise would thus cover the numbers 7, 6 and 5.

This is exactly what happens when exporting from Shortcut, no matter what video format, even with lossless presets. However, if I save the XML file from the job list and send it to (q)melt, the video will be slightly shorter than the one from Shortcut. Noise is still applied after 7 seconds, but the countdown already shows “7” - also different from the shortcut export…

Does Shortcut qmelt possibly call with further arguments that are not contained in the XML and have to be manually added to the command line?

Windows 10 (1909)
Shotcut 20.04.12

Timing2.mlt (5.1 KB)

If your region settings are set to use a comma for the decimal point, then you need to run qmelt with the environment variable LC_ALL=C. In cmd.exe you enter set LC_ALL=C and press Enter.

Thank you so mutch! It works :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.