Create PNG Images of Keypresses Simply

Unfortunately I don’t have a MacOS sytem (nor a Linux) system to try it out.

Basically I have packaged the NW.js system for each of the 3 systems with the HTML file, the package.json file and the icon PNG. It should work, but I am unable to test it on these systems.

Did you try it with the very latest ZIP file? I installed a new one about 3 hours ago.

As well as the HTML file, which is basically the app, the ZIP file contains all the files required by NW.js, which actually contains the Chromium Embedded Framework. This is essentiall what the Chrome and Edge browsers (as well as others) are built upon. I believe these language packs are to do with this.

1 Like

Don’t worry, just like on Android, I can test it for you again on the macos.

Je l’ai téléchargé Mardi 8 mars à 17 h 23 (heure française)

I downloaded it on Tuesday, March 8 at 5:23 PM (French time)
Capture d’écran 2022-03-09 à 08.34.15

Je viens de rentrer et de télécharger sur Mac OSX 10.14.6, cela ne fonctionne pas non plus, impossible d’ouvrir l’application.

I have just entered and downloaded on Mac OSX 10.14.6, it does not work either, impossible to open the application.

Your directory structure does not look right. Download the ZIP again, unzip it and note that on MacOS the app is in directory:

Keypresses\nwjs.app\Contents\MacOS

and is called: keypresses.exe

1 Like

Diapo13

Traduction error message
Unable to open the “keypresses.exe” application because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported by macOS.

It looks as if MacOS does not like a MacOS application being renamed to have a “.exe” suffix.

Just rename it to “keypresses” without the “.exe” suffix and try that. I’ve never had a Mac and don’t have access to one, so you are my first Guinea Pig.

Il semble que MacOS n’aime pas qu’une application MacOS soit renommée pour avoir un suffixe “.exe”.

Renommez-le simplement en “touches” sans le suffixe “.exe” et essayez cela. Je n’ai jamais eu de Mac et je n’y ai pas accès, alors tu es mon premier cobaye.

1 Like

OK, en supprimant l’extension j’ai pu l’ouvrir et j’obtiens ceci mais sans possibilité d’action.

OK, by deleting the extension I was able to open it and I get this but no action possible.

Apparently it isn’t as easy as on Windows or Linus to package an NW.js app such as mine on MacOS. I’ll try to create a new package after dinner and let you know, whhen it is available. I’d appreciate it if you could try it then and let me know how it goes.

Apparemment, il n’est pas aussi facile que sur Windows ou Linus de conditionner une application NW.js telle que la mienne sur MacOS. J’essaierai de créer un nouveau forfait après le dîner et je vous ferai savoir quand il sera disponible. J’apprécierais si vous pouviez l’essayer alors et laissez-moi savoir comment ça se passe.

*Merci @Elusien *
Toutefois pour information, j’ai ouvert les différents fichiers contenus dans le dossier MacOS et le fichier “index.html” me donne ceci.

Thanks @Elusien
However for information, I opened the various files contained in the MacOS folder and the file “index.html” gives me this.

Les touches de lettres s’affichent bien dans la zone de saisie mais aucune image n’est créée.
Les touches de fonction ne fonctionnent pas, mais il faut savoir que l’équivalent de la touche CTRL Window est la touche CMD sur Mac. Quand je l’utilise cela provoque l’action prévue par les raccourcis de mon navigateur (Chrome)

The letter keys are displayed well in the input area but no image is created.
The function keys do not work, but you should know that the equivalent of the CTRL Window key is the CMD key on the Mac. When I use it, it causes the action provided by the shortcuts of my browser (Chrome)

Yes, this is the problem that @MusicalBox found, which is why I had to turn the HTML/CSS/Javascript into an NW.js app, since NW.js is not a browser it does not respond to the CMD key-sequences that Google Chrome does. I’m not sure about why the export fails though.

Oui, c’est le problème que @MusicalBox a trouvé, c’est pourquoi j’ai dû transformer le HTML/CSS/Javascript en une application NW.js, puisque NW.js n’est pas un navigateur, il ne répond pas aux séquences de touches CMD qui Google Chrome le fait. Je ne sais pas pourquoi l’exportation échoue cependant.

1 Like

@Namna I have put a new ZIP file on the website. Unzip it and in the Keypresses folder/directory along with the “credit.html” file there is a “Keypresses.app” file which is what you need to execute. Please let me know how you get on.

@Namna J’ai mis un nouveau fichier ZIP sur le site. Décompressez-le et dans le dossier/répertoire Keypresses avec le fichier “credit.html”, il y a un fichier “Keypresses.app” qui est ce que vous devez exécuter. S’il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir comment vous vous en sortez.

1 Like

Je viens de télécharger le nouveau ZIP
Il contient bien ce que vous mentionnez.
L’exécution du fichier Keypresses.app ne fonctionne pas, je reçois un message comme quoi l’application est endommagée.
Si j’ouvre le paquet de cette application, j’ai toujours le fichier keypresses.exe dans le dossier MacOS. En supprimant l’extension .exe j’arrive à l’ouvrir et j’obtiens ceci.

I just downloaded the new ZIP
It does contain what you mention.
Running the Keypresses.app file does not work, I get a message that the application is damaged.
If I open the package of this application, I still have the file keypresses.exe in the MacOS folder. By deleting the .exe extension I manage to open it and I get this.

Mais l’appui sur les touches spéciales est toujours sans effet.

But pressing the special keys still has no effect.

Can you right-click on “Keypresses.app” and choose ‘Show Package Contents’ and let me know what happens please?

Pouvez-vous faire un clic droit sur “Keypresses.app” et choisir “Afficher le contenu du paquet” et me faire savoir ce qui se passe s’il vous plaît ?

I think I know what is wrong. Rename the “Keypresses.exe” file to “nw”, then try running “Keypresses.app” again.

Je pense que je sais ce qui ne va pas. Renommez le fichier “Keypresses.exe” en “nw”, puis essayez à nouveau d’exécuter “Keypresses.app”.

Voici l’arborescence du dossier Contents.

Here is the tree structure of the Contents folder.

Fichier renommé, mais l’application n’est toujours pas exécutable. (voir le symbole sur l’icône)

File renamed, but the application is still not executable. (see the symbol on the icon)

Have you tried executing “nw” in the MacOS folder. I know you tried yesterday, but the change I made today may get it to work.

Avez-vous essayé d’exécuter “nw” dans le dossier MacOS. Je sais que vous avez essayé hier, mais la modification que j’ai apportée aujourd’hui pourrait le faire fonctionner.

Oui, qu’il soit nommé keypresses ou nw il n’y a pas de différence. Identique à mon post 54.

Yes, whether it is named keypresses or nw there is no difference. Same as my post 54.

One last attempt. Can you:

• open a terminal window;
  • change directory to the MacOS folder
  • run the command “nw .”

Une dernière tentative. Peut tu:

• ouvrir une fenêtre de terminal ;
  • changer de répertoire dans le dossier MacOS
  • exécutez la commande “nw .”