Crackling in exported video

Hello. I have found some similar threads about crackling sounds in exported videos, but none that addresses my exact problem.

I get an annoying crackling in the exported video when I use a source video that I have previously converted to a fixed frame rate using Shotcut and then insert a cut. The crackling does not occur when I use the original mp4 source video with variable frame rate inserting a cut, and it does not occur when I use the converted video without inserting a cut.

A workaround I have found that seems to work is creating a new audio track and copying the audio from the video track. Even if I do that after inserting a cut on the video, this will result in an exported video without crackling.

Is this known somehow and can I do anything about it?

Hello and welcome @crizzi!

Yes I know this problem. It is caused by different video/audio-codecs. Mp4 is only a container with codecs inside.

So, what are your exact Video and Audio-Codecs of your sourcevideo?

Shotcut has a “Convert to Edit Friendly” tool you could try.
Open your file into Shotcut, click on properties, then the button next to Reverse

2019-09-05_09-01-59

shotcut_2019-09-05_09-10-16

Try setting the to the same specifications as your source file.
What audio settings is your source file? Is there more than one Audio Track on the Source File?
If you have Stereo settings in the Soure File, do they match in Shotcut?
shotcut_2019-09-05_09-20-46
shotcut_2019-09-05_09-18-45
shotcut_2019-09-05_09-18-32

Thank you two for your help! Hudson, I converted the source videos the way you describe before, but I did not adjust the options in order to use another codec. So pulling the setting to the left in the convertion dialog so the output will be mp4 did the trick for me!

Thanks again!

I did not adjust the options in order to use another codec.

Just to be clear, were you using the middle MOV option for your converts?

Just to be clear, were you using the middle MOV option for your converts?

Exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We fixed a number of pop and crackle problems in version 20.06
https://shotcut.org/blog/new-release-200628/