Crackling at start of audio in exported video

Thank you so much for this fix, Dan! Awesome as always. I would love a link to a nightly build. As an audio person, I’m very excited by the possibility these crackles are gone for good. Shotcut has potential to be a decent fast-and-easy DAW with video sync ability if it can maintain clean audio during export.

Thanks Dan! Glad to hear you were able to find and fix the root cause. Thanks also Austin.

nightly build as 64-bit Windows portable
http://builds.us.meltytech.s3.amazonaws.com/shotcut/shotcut-win64-191126.zip

Very cool. I tried it out using Rick’s project as a sample and it worked as expected. I also did a bunch of clip splits and added Mute filters intermittently, and there are no artefacts resulting from the Mute filter. So that issue could be checked off the list as well.

The only click noise I hear now is the expected mild pop when a Mute filter engages at a non-zero crossing point. I suppose the Mute filter could implement a super-fast less-than-wavelength fade-in/out to avoid the pop, but that isn’t really its job. This is a huge step forward already and I’m psyched about it. Thanks again!

1 Like

That’s great to hear Austin and Dan! When would an official release incorporating this be expected?. I’ll also download the nightly build from Dan’s link.

Just a note Dan: I edited the title of this thread to fix the misspelling of “crackling”. (I noticed I had initially put “cracking”). I don’t know if that might have broken the link you put in the code to this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.