Constant crashing and text boxes not showing

Yes, that’s what I see with the opening graphic. (I tried to grab a screen shot but it was too quick.)
However, I still see this when on my laptop where it is working fine, and the shape is as was advised earlier in the thread, so perhaps it just looks weird and incomplete but that this is as it is intended. (I have a professional background in marketing, image and branding, and never would I have imagined that this could be an intended end result, but anyways, the main thing is it works on my laptop.)

I’m having no problems with the text on my laptop, and am currently arranging support for my desktop to check the video card. Though thanks for the info from all you did to work it through.
:slight_smile:

@Willian_Cruz Is this a project that you started in a older version of Shotcut before keyframes were added? As you can see the format of the “geometry” property changed in XML between “old” and “new.” More than likely, that change is causing the problem.

That is the correct splash screen.

1 Like

Sorry for your hardware troubles. Seems you are in a professional context, so there is hope.

Re the splash screen I want to throw in my two cents for balance: Even the name ShotCUT is nicely represented in the logo and splash screen. Having something “exotic” or unexpected is good in a world flooded with logos. Many companies and products struggle to even visualize “what they do”.

I remember from my school days how film would somethings rip and then we would need to make clean cuts and tape it. Never did film editing on a physical cutting table (luckily). Until today the German word for movie editing is “schneiden” = “cutting” rather than “kleben” = “pasting”. So the logo is very appropriate to me.

1 Like

@Playmountain Different strokes for different folks! I’d be curious to know though, how many people assume when they see it that something is wrong. :slight_smile:

I fear we almost need to take this to private messages. Guess I need to consider myself a nerd, if I even spend money on books about logo making and such. I have always had some unease about the bitten-into Apple apple. Just does not look right. An apple - where somebody has already bitten off something - does not look appealing in an office context… But a cut frame: much better than a “shot” frame (made an ugly clipart once, taking the term “screenshot” rather literally).

For here: We all love Shotcut, I hope, and we appreciate what the team is doing with their capacity and their budget (or lack thereof). As long as the tool is great I would even accept a muchly uglier logo.

I have a colleague here, who is “assuming” things a lot all week long. At least she is saying so, which helps some. But when talking about “something is wrong” - it is often the assuming which is a less helpful approach to a puzzling situation.

Enjoyed our exchange. Hope you get your computer fixed soon - or even a new one…

I really don’t care what the splash screen looks like. It’s not an essential part of the program.

Yes, it was created in a previous version.

Now it really makes sense. :slight_smile:

It appeared to be “broken” for me because I was expecting the “Loading plugins” message to be centered. Add in to this a video card that bugs me everytime with glitches that make me reboot, and alas, “something must be going wrong here”. Sorry.