Changing the speed of a segment removes the Crop: Source filter

What is your operating system?
Windows 10/11

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
22.04.25 - 64 bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Yeah, it’s pretty simple: select a video segment, add a “Crop: Source” filter, split this video segment, change the speed of a segment (via Properties panel) from 1X to, say, 5X. The filter will vanish from the segment in which you changed the speed.

PS: This was also an issue in the earlier version, but not on versions prior to that. There was a fixed bug in this version that mentioned all the filters that are affected by this bug (Fixed Filters > Paste filters for some filters (broke in v22.03.30)) , and I understood that we were talking about the same bug. Since the bug is still present in this version, I believe they were different bugs after all.

I can reproduce it (11_04_25 on Win10)

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to confirm it, Tim! :wink:

There’s also another bug that I’m hoping is related to this one (and will be fixed indirectly): sometimes, right after we change the speed of a video segment, as you tested above, the clip vanishes from the timeline. Ctrl+Z restores it, so while it’s annoying, it’s not a big deal.

This also didn’t use to happen 2 versions ago.

I’ll wait until the first bug is fixed before reporting this second one. As I said, maybe this one will be fixed indirectly when fixing the vanishing filters.

Thanks for your report. This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

I joined the forum for this bug. i use crop source and slomo a lot hehe. can’t wait for bug fix now

1 Like