Can't Export Because of Memory Bug

What is your operating system?
64 bit, processor x64, Windows 10 ver. 1909

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
ver. 201128 64bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Whenever I try exporting a video it starts exporting but after a while, it stops and gives this memory error. My pc has enough memory so I don’t know what is the problem. I need to upload this video this weekend and this problem came with the recent version.

What is the size, length, resolution, codec of you orig. video material? What is the total length of your project? Which and how many filters did you use? Do you have other apps running at the same time?
The error message seems clear - you could add the error log for details.

How do you know this? Did you view the memory utilization in the Performance tab of the task manager?

Did you try the suggestion in the warning dialog to close your web browser? I see that it is still open in your screenshot.

Yes, I’ve tried countless times even with all programs closed, and I’ve checked the memory.

You can right click on the failed job and access the log file. Attach the log file here so we can see it.

The low memory dialog does not go away on its own. It probably appeared before you made the screenshot with Task Manager. This means it did run too low at some point, but now it is better as you pointed out with Task Manager. Then you can click the Retry button.

I see your task manager says 71% of memory is used, not many Applications running, and Shotcut using about 1GB. That means you have very little physical memory in your machine (2GB?), and thus you must significantly limit your project to use Shotcut successfully. Video editing naturally requires a lot of memory. You are using at least 5 tracks (maybe more, cannot see audio) and 1920x1080, which requires a fair amount of memory. Our FAQ recommends at least 8 GB for this.

More than likely the export required a lot memory (usually a significant % of what Shotcut is using when not exporting), the dialog appeared, the export job failed due to too little memory, and then you checked your memory usage in Task Manager.

2 Likes

Alright. Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for the explanation. I’ll see what I can do :+1:t4:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.