Bug: Transition resizing - left-hand trim sticks

Hi All - I’ve discovered what I think is a bug in transition creation. Steps to reproduce::

1. Create a new dissolve transition between two clips (update - this must be two different source files rather than 2 clips from one source).
  2. Attempt to increase the transition size by dragging the left-hand trim handle for the transition
  3. Left trim handle will not adjust left (longer) - only adjustment to the right (shorter) is possible. Right trim handle works fine.
  4. Delete the transition and re-adjust the clips to original positions. Recreate the transition.
  5. Attempt to increase the transition size by dragging the left-hand trim handle for the transition
  6. Handle now works correctly

Version 20.04.12 - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Xeon E5-1620 v2 / 32Gb RAM
nVidia Quadro K4000

Can’t reproduce the issue.
Shotcut 20.04.12 Windows 10 Home 1909
2020-05-01_05-11-22

Thanks @Hudson555x Mine also works when it is one media source. To duplicate the bug, it needs to be two different source files rather than one source edited to two clips. I’ll update the bug report.

This is not a bug. You do not have any more footage in that direction. You can NOT make a clip start before its source begins. In the same manner you cannot make a clip on the timeline longer that its source duration.

P.S. When you did Remove on the transition, it simply removes the transition and does not adjust the neighboring clips. Thus, the clip after the transition had been trimmed and now has footage before it begins to allow adjusting the transition the second time.

Still works for me.
2020-05-01_16-19-41

Ah - thanks, that makes sense. I’d obviously misunderstood how the transition was working.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.