Been Away for a While Doing Some Traveling - Here's Where

Sorry I haven’t been around to post any new tutorials. Lots of changes in my life as well as visiting old friends. Here’s a new video if you want to check out what have been doing lately. Let me know if there are effects from this video you want me to do a tutorial on.

9 Likes

Great ! Looks like you all had lots of fun.
By the way, I’ve never seen a table so full of food.
Man, was that for real or are you tricking us with CGI ? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

No trick. All good food! You also eat it with your hands. No utensils! Notice the ink blot transition?

1 Like

I did ! Looking good. I wonder how you did it :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Maybe a tutorial? LOL

1 Like

That would be very nice yes.

Boodle fight! Nice video @bentacular

1 Like

Very nice and mass of food and all that in the wilderness! :slight_smile:
BTW: what is ink blot transition? The scene in the air cabin?

1 Like

Hi again @bentacular ! Great video, excellent production - music’s great, effects are perfect (loving the ink blot transitions)! I wondered where you were - I figured you went fishing and fell in … :rofl: So glad to see you back on form. :+1:
PS I’ve been not so active here, too - making a few more flute videos. Hope to get back to making a few more SC tutorials when I can get a chance …

1 Like

It’s a transition that uses an ink spill video clip as a mask.

3 Likes

Ha ha Yes!

@bentacular - I love the “text sequence” near the beginning - really sets the scene in an imaginative way. Also the newsreader clips. Nice touches! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thank you sir. I was running out of ideas…

1 Like

Can’t wait to see more of your work!

1 Like

That’s a particularly nice ink spill. Is the matte MP4 available somewhere?

Aww, thanks! Very kind! I’m looking forward to finding time to make some more tuts but my music videos are consuming all my spare time right now. I’ve been very fortunate in receiving quite a few videos back of flute players all over the globe performing some of my flute tunes. Very rewarding! All down to the communication power of SC!!

1 Like

Hi @jonray. I found many black and white ink spills clips on YouTube using the key words “ink spill overlay” or “ink splash overlay”.
I combined 3 of these ink spill clips to make the one I used in the video above.
You can download it here: Ink-transition-4sec.mp4 - Icedrive

EDIT

Note that since the ink is black on a white background, you’ll need to tick the Invert wipe box in Properties for the transition to work properly.

Also, the ink clip is 4 seconds long, it’s probably best to make the transition last 4 seconds as well.

1 Like

I’d love a copy of that too. That animation is smooth

That’s fantastic, @musicalbox. Downloaded. Can I use it for my next flute video please? :grinning:

Hi @bentacular - a tutorial on how to do your “text” sequence with scroll would be helpful to lots of users. In fact, I’m wondering how you did it myself … :wink:

1 Like

Sure! On my list!