Audio drifts from video

Ha! It worked. The exported video has both the video and audio perfectly synced again – although the downside is that certain scenes will have “chipmunk” sound again (but I did reduce to only 3 scenes anything with vocals; the rest of the clips only had ambient sounds like the sound of my hammer or saw). Not using the Pitch Compensation feature at all is the best option I can think of for now without having to re-do my entire project. We’ll just have to wait for the latest version of ShotCut to have pitch compensation not cause any syncing issues after export. But if it is really necessary for your scenes to be sped up and the pitch still sounding normal, I recommend Detaching the audio from the clips, then exporting them to a sound editor with pitch or tempo correction. Personally, I use Audacity to tweak and clean my audios (especially my voice overs) further then I import them into ShotCut as their own audio tracks below their respective video scenes. I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.