This bug is something I’ve occasionally noticed in v23 that never happened before (as far as I remember), there’s no clear reproductibility so I was reluctant to report it but I am hoping it’s enough for a general hint towards maybe a fix.
It might have something to do with the VFR footage from my [older, galaxy s7] phone, I’ll link the video I tested with in the screencapture - but it happens with many clips I’ve been using from that phone.
Converting the video to edit friendly or even using extract sub-clip seems to stop the issue but there’s just too many clips to be worth to do this.
What is your operating system?
Windows 10 x64
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
-add the sample video to the timeline (note: it seems I can’t reproduce the bug when using the source player, I tried for a minute or so and nothing but can’t say 100%)
-randomly click/seek somewhere on the clip and quickly press spacebar to play (alternatively I can see the same issue if quickly pause/unpause with the spacebar, but with mouse clicking happens more often)
-after a few tries the audio seems to bug out and there’s a loud near 0db noise outputted to speakers and I can also see it in the peak meters
-to get rid of this, simply pause and unpause again and audio is normal now
here is a screen capture (LOUD NOISE WARNING ~5 seconds in and towards the end!)
//edit: my browser seems to think this has no audio but right clicking + open in new tab or download works with audio for me