Allow Size/Position Animation to Use Negative Coordinates

When using the Size and Position filter, if I try to use keyframes to move a clip completely outside of frame (e.g., to a Y coordinate of -559, for a medium-sized graphic), Shotcut hangs for up to two minutes before deleting the clip I was working on. There is no way to automate a movement out of frame; one has to use the mouse to click and drag out of frame, but obviously that is limited by your screen size, since the placement circle disappears and you’re SOL (another feature that seriously needs some attention). This would be a very useful addition to the software.

Your suggestion as written in the subject line is already implemented.

Shotcut hangs for up to two minutes before deleting the clip I was working on

I do not reproduce this.

that is limited by your screen size

No, it is not. There is a player zoom control that you can use. Also, in the latest version, if you double-click the positioning circle handle, then you can drag from anywhere inside the rectangle to move it.

if you double-click the positioning circle handle, then you can drag from anywhere inside the rectangle to move it.

I updated to the latest version today, but this does not work at all. I’ll take your word for it, though.

Either you are not using version 20.02 or later, or you are misunderstanding something. Maybe you are not grabbing inside the rectangle control (not the video preview rectangle). Again, you might want to change the player zoom (button in same row as play button) to 25% to see the area outside of the video preview rectangle.