Adding files is altering and deleting huge chunks of my video

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut 22.12.21

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I’m getting a weird and pretty major bug with shotcut where it is deleting a huge chunk off of the back half of my audio and I can’t get it back. Sometimes what also happens is if I have edited audio, adding a file to the project will delete a chunk of audio and alter my edits. What usually seems to trigger this is adding an additional file to the playlist or to the project itself.

Not enough info. As said, we need steps. You are probably doing something wrong or turned something on or off that changes behavior.

This should be a bit more clear, showing exactly what’s happening and how it happens

I see that the sound clip you bring in the timeline is a .MLT file. So in fact it’s a saved Shotcut project. Not an actual audio file with, for example, a .mp3 or .wav extension.

The question is: Does that “TheFighter.mlt” project have the same frame rate as you main project?
For example if TheFighter.mlt project has a frame rate of 30 fps and you’re importing it in a 60fps projets, chances are you’ll experience problems.

Try this: Re-open the TheFighter.mlt project, and EXPORT it as a MP3 or a WAV file and use that file in your main project instead of the MLT one.

1 Like

That seemed to do the trick! much appreciated. Very odd that I never changed any setting on that file and its worked about a dozen times, only just having this issue now. But I’ll just change up my approach and hopefully it should all be fine going forward

It is a well known recommendation to make video modes match when using sub-projects. But with that said, this problem (video shown above) should not be occurring, and at first I did not reproduce it because I was using File > Open MLT XML as Clip. This is why steps starting with no existing project are most helpful. The key step is to either drag a MLT XML file into Playlist or Timeline instead of using that menu item.
That bug is fixed for the next version.