Actual Shotcut 19.07.15 on Mac OSX 10.10.5, uses more than 10 GB of RAM and nearly crashes OSX

Hello everybody,

i searched a new Video-Editor and found Shotcut very easy and good to use.

I use a MacBook Pro 2014 and OSX 10.10.5. When i exported i took YouTube and then the RAM-Usage of melt went directly up to 1 GB and more and you could see it rising within minutes to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 GB and then my OSX nearly crashed and halted qmelt by itself. I have never seen OSX do this before and i use Macs since 10.04. This is the case regardless of with or without Hardware acceleration. I could stop the qmelt with Shotcut before it crashed the system again.

However if i chose to export with H.264 High Profile everything runs smooth and melt does not use more than 1 GB.

Seems like a bug. But H.264 solved it. Does anybody else experience this problem?

Thanks,
Sandro

That is very strange; what did you use before H.264 High Profile, the defaults? Did you change any of the defaults? The defaults are very, very similar to H.264 High Profile.

I used the YouTube Profile and changed nothing.

I justed checked it again with the YouTube Profile, and with my actual project the Bug is not reproduceable. Good to know.

Thanks for Shotcut. It really made my work a LOT easier than iMovie :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.