This feature provides a unified action search and shortcut editor. Action search makes it quick to find and execute a command. It also provides a keyboard shortcut reference and lets you add or change shortcuts.
The Actions and Shortcuts Window was added in version 22.09.23.
- The window can be accessed by going to Help > Actions and Shortcuts.
- The window can also be accessed by the default shortcut keys ? and /.
- Searches both action name and shortcut.
- Press Return/Enter within the search box to move focus to the list of actions.
- Press Return/Enter on a selected Action to trigger it and close the dialog.
- Shift, Ctrl, or Alt + Return/Enter on a selected action to trigger it and NOT close the dialog.
- Double-click an action to trigger it but NOT close the dialog.
- The dialog is not modal so you can leave it open and to the side while working.
- Press Esc when the dialog has focus to close it.
- Press F2 when an action is selected to edit its first shortcut.
- Single-click a selected shortcut to enter edit mouse using the mouse. This means you typically need two single clicks: one to select, the second to enter into edit mode.
- You can Tab out of edit mode to navigate focus to the apply button and press Space to trigger the apply. It is intentional that you cannot assign Tab as a keyboard shortcut to an action.
- There are some keyboard buttons such as J/K/L that are reserved and cannot be used in a shortcut. You will see an error message when you try to apply it.
- You can define up to 2 shortcuts per action! You may want to leave the default as well as add your preferred shortcut.