A gameplay edit of a challenge run I played

Hey guys! First time posting, but I have been using Shotcut for the past year or so. My first videos I had up were very basic clips of just video game boss fights in their entirety. As I made more, I got more comfortable with the edits although my RAM was only 8 GB at the time so they were bare minimum.

I am not a fan of basic “Let’s Play” videos, so in my recent playthrough I went full ham in edit mode. A few days back I got an extra 8 GB of RAM (for a total of 16 GB) so the editing process no longer took 3 minutes between clicks. I’d like to share with you all what I consider my current masterpiece (which contains some low-brow humor, if you don’t like that sort of thing).

My channel also contains more videos I’ve done in the past, and I plan to include more in the future. I find it fun for some reason.

1 Like

I didn’t watch the entire video, partly because I have no clue what you did in the first minutes with all those settings :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
But I can see you did put a lot of work into this video. I particularly appreciate the audio part. The voiceover is never overwhelmed by the music and/or the game sounds. Kudo for that :slight_smile: :+1:

If you’re not familiar with challenge runs in video games, then it’s essentially a set of rules that govern how the game will be played. It’s a set of arbitrary restrictions the player makes for the game to make the playthrough more interesting or difficult.

Thanks for noticing! Audio is such a huge pet peeve of mine as modern TV shows/movies don’t have a normal balance feature for the stock machine (not all have loudness equalization), and the quiet portions are immediately followed by volumes that rival jet engines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.