99% export bug: It stops!

What is your operating system?
Windows7

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Version 20.04.12

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Since last week, every time I try to remaster a video ina YouTube for exemple (the only type I use), I stops at 99%.When I create a mp3 it works perfectl . But with other videos it´s the same bug: Remasterization stops at 99%.
I´ve seen in the internet that other people reported exactly the same bug, and nobody knows how to fix it.

How long is the project and how long did you wait at 99%? It is normal that on long videos, it will stay at 99% for a while because it is reorganizing the file to optimize it for upload to YouTube and other places.
If you waited at least an hour, then it is unclear what the problem is. I would need to see the log. You can stop it and see if the exported file plays. Sometimes I think it can get stuck when it is closing even though it was successful.

I use 3 videos captured by mobiles, 3 minutes and 40 seconds each one.
Three people playing guttar, piano and flute. Each video is about 33 Mb sized.
I´ve tryied to open the file and acctually it´s not ready to use/play.
I´ve already tried to “let it run alone” for more than 30 minutes…but it doesen´t work.
It´s curious that I´ve concluded around 20 projetcs, with same caracteristics (size, time, etc) and it worked.
The last line of LOG is:
(…)
[mlt_pool] out of memory
I think: Why this since last week?
Thanks a lot for your quick answer! :wink:
Joao
From Brazil

That line is the problem. Use the 64-bit version if you can because it can use more RAM. 32-bit is limited to 3GB. There is no fix for this other than to make simpler projects on 32-bit. More tracks or greater resolution = more memory used.

Also, there was a small change in version 20.06 to make it release some memory when you close a project or start an export, and that might help. You might as well wait a day to download the next version 20.07 that fixes a few bugs found in 20.06.

Thanks a lot!
When will be available the version 20.07 please?
Tks,
Joao
From Brazil

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.