21.10.31 crash after CTRL Z on an Audio Split

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Home Build ID 19043.1348.

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.10.31 - 64 Bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

It is fairly reproducible and I have mostly narrowed it down to doing an immediate CTRL Z right after doing an S to split an audio track. Basically I do a split while the audio track is highlighted by mistake. So I do an almost immediate ‘CTRL Z’ to undo the operation. Usually I then click the Video file and do an immediate S to split the video file which is what I intended to do. Sometimes just the CTRL Z seems to be enough to crash to desktop.

15 Second shot of the crash

Application log immediately after a crash and then reopening the program.

Too Long. Application Log avail upon request.

Thanks for the helpful video. I tried to reproduce the steps, but it doesn’t happen to me.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Start Shotcut
  2. Open a video file
  3. Drag the clip to the timeline
  4. Right click on the clip, choose More → Detach Audio
  5. Select the audio clip
  6. press “s” to split the audio clip
  7. press “ctl-Z” to undo the split
  8. Select the video clip

I did my testing with Shotcut version 21.12.24

Some next steps would be:

• Try your project again with the latest version of Shotcut (21.12.24)
  • Upload a minimal project that demonstrates the problem (can you reproduce the crash using my steps above?)

The issue does appear to be resolved in this version. Other crash scenarios, involving cuts, that I did not mention previously, have also resolved. As of the video I am editing now in the new version I have been unable to crash the program. I assume it was likely a side effect of another issue/code tweak that was fixed in the update. Thank you for the response. I will mark the 21.12.24 version as the official fix for any 21.10.31 crashes related to cuts.

Quick follow-up that while the crashes seemed to be resolved, I do still get them occasionally. Still related to this general scenario of doing a Ctrl-Z very quickly after doing a split and then clicking elsewhere. The number of times it happens is however greatly reduced on the newer versions. Just a follow-up in case anyone reaches this thread.