21.05.01 crashes when importing a MLT XML as clip

What is your operating system?
W10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Windows 10 Home
Versión 20H2
Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM 16 GB

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Shotcut closes unexpectedly when I import an open MLT XML as a clip.
This happens when I add such a clip to the playlist.
:one: Test 1: I open MLT XML as a clip and it appears correctly in the preview window.
I drag from the source directly to the playlist and then Shotcut crashes.

:two: Test 2: I open MLT XML as a clip and it appears correctly in the preview window.
I drag from the source to the timeline and it shows invalid. I add the source to the playlist line (with the button, no drag, and drop) and then Shotcut crashes.

I tested in version 21.03.21 (portable) and it worked fine.

Same as this:

I knew I had read it somewhere, however, I couldn’t find it.
There comes a time when my head can’t remember everything, hahaha.
I will mark it as solved because it is already reported and already noted.

Hello, downloaded the latest version and start editing, it keeps quitting the program everytime im using the preset of text simple, any help, thank you

Hello and welcome:
To enquire about a specific problem you can open a thread (as a query, as a bug, etc).
Please provide information about the configuration of your computer, screenshots, and anything else you think is useful so that we volunteers can help in some way and so that other users with a similar problem can find a solution in the answers that appear.
When you type in the thread title, you may see threads related to your problem that has already been commented on and discussed. Or maybe not.
As I see it, your query about Text simple is not overtly related to opening MLT XML as a clip.
Also, I marked this thread as solved, so volunteers will focus help on other unresolved issues.

1 Like

im just new in this forum, i can do that, thanks for the tip