1sec Gap for Multiple Clips

Hi Folks,

I got one track containing multiple clips and i would like to add a default 1 second gap inbetween when i export the video. It can be an image, a transition or just a gap inbetween those clips.
Is there an easy way to get this quickly or even by default?

Hi @dennisen Thereā€™s no automatic magic button for this, but you can do this with a series of keyboard shortcuts. You could then automate the process using Auto Hotkey if you are on Windows.

I made a demo video to show you what I mean. Iā€™ve added detailed instructions in the Youtube description, should you wish to try it out!

** Please note, there is no audio commentary on this video**

1 Like

Thanks for the help, mate. This works.

In the meantime i figured out another way. Using a 1sec picture in the track and then copy/pasting it inbetween every clip by quickly jumping from clip to clip by using ā€˜alt+right arrowā€™.

1 Like

Aha, your method is great, and a lot simpler than mine! Especially if ā€œRipple trackā€ is on - the pasted clip pushes the other clips along. And just a thought, if you want a gap rather than an image in between each clip you could use a transparent clip.

My image is a logo which i resized to small and set the backgrund to black. So that works fine.

But i will try the transparent clip as well. Cheers

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.