Stabilization filter missing

Hello.

Fedora 23 x64 here, shotcut 16.07.01.

For some reason the ‘stabilization’ plugin isn’t present in the filters list. There are a ton of other filters for audio, video and I presume the circle thing is color, but not stabilization.

Is there a particular library required for stabilization to show up in the list?

So if I add tracks to the timeline I’m able to use the stabilization filter but not if I have a playlist. Should there be some indication of plugins that don’t work with an item from a playlist but do when they are selected from a timeline? I’d be willing to try to push a pr for the change if I had some guidance on what should occur.

I do not really understand the issue you are describing. There are situations where you cannot apply a stabilize filter such as when the track of a timeline or the whole timeline is selected. If you open a clip and do not use playlist or timeline you should be able to add the Stabilize filter. If you use Playlist but do not add tracks to Timeline and if you switch to the Project tab in the player, then you cannot add any filters - currently by design. I do not reproduce the issue - need steps.

Hi. I think the issue was that I was just using a playlist and applying filters to specific cuts, and not using the timeline at all. I was able to, using cuts and the playlist, able to add filters, but not stabilize. It could be slightly inconsistent or it could be that I just don’t understand why some filters apply in cuts and others if you select sections from the timeline.

Playlist operates differently than Timeline. You cannot simply select a playlist item and see and edit its Filters. You need to double-click an item to open it in the Source player, make your changes, and then Update the playlist item using the check-mark icon.

Please test this:

1. Start Shotcut
  2. Open a clip
  3. Do not add it to the Playlist or Timeline
  4. Go to Filters
  5. Click + on Filters panel
  6. Choose the Videos tab on the Filters menu
  7. Look for Stabilize

Does that work?

No, I do not see the filter stabilization in video filters list.
I tried it on an empty project. I tried to select the clip on the timeline. This filter has not appeared. Version 16.08.12. Linux Mint 17.3

I did so:
Start Shotcut
Open a clip
Do not add it to the Playlist or Timeline
Go to Filters
Click + on Filters panel
Choose the Videos tab on the Filters menu
Look for Stabilize

Stabilize did not see,
I tried different ways to release. Select clip on playlist, on the timeline and everyone, but result is: no stabilisation filter in the filter list.
Please help: How to enable stabilization?

Take a look at “View” -> “Application Log…”. You should see this two lines:
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata reading filter metadata “stabilize” “meta.qml”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata added filter “Stabilize”

For me (OSX) it’s near line 220

[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata reading filter metadata “spillsuppress” “meta.qml”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata added filter “Key Spill: Simple”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata reading filter metadata “stabilize” “meta.qml”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata reading filter metadata “tcolor” “meta.qml”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata added filter “Old Film: Technocolor”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata reading filter metadata “vignette” “meta_movit.qml”
[Debug ] FilterController::loadFilterMetadata added filter “Vignette”

No added stabilize.

How to fix it?

I can not reply to this topic:
We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.

OK, it seems the filter is not loaded.
Did you try other releases (16.09 at the moment) or older
@ https://github.com/mltframework/shotcut/releases/ ?

Did you install the required packages: https://shotcut.org/notes/linux-dependencies/ ?

See Stabilization filter missing 2