Downloads fail on Windows and Linux platforms

Yes I am using Github right now in another attempt. I have a 50MB connection via fiber to the net and can download most things very fast. Right now the download has been running for ten minutes and has grabbed 3.3MB out of 184MBs.

I am now at 3.4MBs with the time remaining indicating 15 hours. but in the three minutes I took between these last two sentences, I downloaded Lightworks_v14.0.0 completely and another Video editor.

So Steve, I am not sure why you can get it but here where I am, the connection to the download sites stinks.
slow

And then it failed again.

Slow2

I recommend reading this article:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/7XBU6g6_Ktc

I read that article and followed the suggestions to a point, but if the problem is in Chrome, Why does it, and ONLY it, fail in Firefox as well?

And please note that I have tried to download in three separate devices. Two PCs (windows, one with Chrome the other with Firefox) and a laptop (Linux with Firefox).

Here is what I get with Firefox Before it fails. Note the transfer speed. It will fail in another ten minutes once again.

Whatever the issue is, it’s not the server that hosts Shotcut’s site. Perhaps perform a tracert from your Windows PC and see where it’s getting hung up.

I can’t post the results here as there is a limit of two FQDNs per post. But I would be happy to email you the results outside of this. I think you may find that your assumption may be somewhat challenged. If you want you can email me your address: mike at netwright dot net

You can post a screenshot.
I am assuming nothing, Mike - I’m trying to help you.
However I think it best I let someone else try…

Here are traces from the first unit.

Here is the second. trace2

203.83.223.249 Amazon server in Singapore.

52.84.223.97 Amazon server in Seattle (also 52.84.223.70)

There’s a problem between those hops apparently.

Try downloading via a VPN, it may take you on a different route. (Opera browser has a free built-in VPN)

Hops 12 - 14 simply have a ACL against ICMP. It’s common on internal routing. As I am reaching Seattle with an 80 ~ 81 ms response time, and as the traffic is between my units and Seattle, the lack of response in the intervening hops are not an issue.

C:\Users\Mike>ping 52.84.223.97

Pinging 52.84.223.97 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 52.84.223.97: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=243
Reply from 52.84.223.97: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 52.84.223.97:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 78ms, Maximum = 79ms, Average = 78ms

You can try this link…

Thanks Sauron,

That works great!

I have downloaded both the Windows and Linux codes.

The Windows version has been installed and loads fine.

Clearly there is a problem with the Amazon servers.

Had the exact same problem now it is 4/10/2018, went to the alternate server. As Mike said, clearly there is a problem, and it is not with our computers. Thanks to Sauron for the solution.

Hello,
Eventually, I did it with Fosshub. Thank you. However once I unzipped the file, I’m stucked to execute the file. I get plenty of dII, but I do not know how to go further to open the shotcut program. Can anybody give me an advise ? thank you

I downloaded the installer which just installs the program rather than the portable zip file. You just ask to run that after it downloads.

Locate shotcut.exe in the folder, and double-click it.

Thank you. I think the problem came from the downloading site because .exe was missing after shotcut. I redownloaded from an other site .exe was there, I could open the program,but once opened I have the message “shotcut does not respond”.
Do you know a reliable download source, free of bugs.
Thank you and best regards from Paris

Here’s 2 sites.